Hypertension – Example Exercises consists of twenty-four example exercises. These twenty-four example exercises are presented in two different orders.
Mixed Up Order
The example exercises are presented in no particular order with regard to the type of patient or the number of steps of treatment needed. No information about the patient/treatment is shown. The mixed up order gives a better way of testing the user’s knowledge about what treatment is needed.
The example exercises are presented systematically according to the type of patient involved and the number of steps of treatment needed. The systematic ordering allows the user to work through specific areas of treatment.
According to NICE Guideline NG136, patients requiring pharmacological treatment for hypertension can be divided into two main groups:
- Group 1
- ALL patients (of any age or of any origin) with type 2 diabetes
- Patients under the age of 55 years – who are NOT of Black African or African-Caribbean family origin
- Group 2
- Patients who are 55 or over and who do not have type 2 diabetes
- Patients of any age who are of Black African or African-Caribbean family origin and who do not have type 2 diabetes
The example exercises include exercises for the following:
- Example patients from both of the two main groups of patients listed above
- Example patients who may not need pharmacological treatment
Throughout an example exercise, the user can pull up useful background information. The user can pull up information about the stages of hypertension and the blood pressure measurements needed to diagnose a stage.
The user can also pull up background information about the treatment of hypertension. This covers information about:
- Who receives pharmacological treatment
- The stepped program, including what class of antihypertensive drug is recommended at each step of treatment
This package is suitable for users who understand what hypertension is and who wish to use example exercises to test their knowledge on how to manage hypertension. The example exercises are based around the United Kingdom’s NICE Guideline NG136: Hypertension in adults: diagnosis and management.
Pre-requisites: Users should know what hypertension is and should have previously looked at the management of hypertension as discussed in the United Kingdom’s NICE Guideline NG136: Hypertension in adults: diagnosis and management.
Audience: Undergraduates students (such as pharmacy students); users in the medical profession.
Time to complete: Most example exercises take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete and there are 24 example exercises. Time to complete the whole package will depend on how many example exercises are completed but is estimated at 2-4 hours.
There are currently no reviews available for this package.